Glossary of terms, defenitions of words:
- Banco – Banker.
- Bankroll – A player’s total gambling money.
- Carte – French for request a card be dealt.
- Coup – French for a round of play.
- Croupier – French for dealer.
- Down Card – A face down card.
- Face Cards – The Jack, Queen, and King of any suit of cards.
- High Roller – A player that wagers big bets.
- House Edge – The casino in-built advantage, usually gained by paying less than the odds.
- Ladderman – Casino employee who oversees the baccarat game. Personnel working this game are two dealers seated together at the center of the table, a caller standing at the table across from the dealers, and the ladderman, supervising the action from a chair above the table.
- Le Grande – French for natural 9.
- Mini-baccarat – A smaller version table baccarat.
- Monkey – A term for a face card or a 10.
- Natural – An 8 or a 9 with the first two cards.
- Palette – The tool (usually a long flat wooden baton) used in the Baccarat game to move cards on the table.
- Punto – Player.
- Shoe – Device, usually a wooden box, used for holding and dispensing playing cards to be dealt.
- Shuffle Up – Premature shuffling of playing cards by the dealer.
- Standoff – A tie.
- VIP – A Very Important Person. Usually a big bettor or a high roller.
- Upcard – A face up card.